Tonight for family night we blew bubbles up to Cordelia while each mentioning a way she has blessed our lives. Then we read a new book: What Happens when People Die?? It seemed more specifically geared to our Latter-Day Saint religious views than some of the others we've read. I think Billy especially appreciates the discussions we have about our spirit and body, etc. Since I'm sure there are several books with that title here is the one, if you're interested: Sadly, I think pretty much all children are confronted with death at some point and we've found many books helpful for the boys' grieving (and mine too!).
http://www.amazon.com/What-Happens-When-People-Die/dp/1606411144/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316482828&sr=8-1
And since no post is complete without photos:
We miss you, baby girl.
4 comments:
I love what your pictures of Cordelia capture. I know that none of you are happy in those photos but they really capture the meaning of "family." I'm so glad you have those. They are priceless.
I'm still looking at the pictures...I could look at them all day.
I love that you blew bubbles to Cordelia. What a sweet way for the boys to connect with their sister. I think of Cordelia and all of you often, especially when I see butterflies. Now, I will also think of your family when I see bubbles floating up into the sky.
Krista, this post is beautiful and your daughter is simply beautiful. I am so proud of you for sharing your feelings. I know how hard it is, and even if you don't update your blog often, it will be another way to remember Cordelia and talk about her, especially on days when no one asks. I am always sending you love, and I think I will go out and blow some bubbles up to Cordelia and Mateo both. I know that Heavenly Father is always blessing us both.
Post a Comment